FinTech Belgium is the first and biggest community of Fintechers in Belgium.
They are a community for financial professionals, startup entrepreneurs and investors, who are interested in discovering and discussing disruptive business models and new technology for the financial services industry.
Who is FinTech Belgium ?
- The FinTech Belgium community was created at the beginning of 2015.
- Its founding members are FinTech actors and people involved in the FinTech development in Belgium.
- FinTech Belgium aims to welcome as members and/or partners: every company directly or indirectly involved in the financial services industry (banking, insurance, asset management, payment, consulting, big data, technology interfaces, etc…) and that uses or develops operational, technological or commercial innovative models with a view to improve the functioning of the industry or to address its existing or emerging issues.
- FinTech Belgium is a place of exchange which enables it to federate its members and represent them outside the community.
Its missions into details
The main missions of FinTech Belgium are:
- To actively and tangibly promote the FinTech sector in Belgium and Belgian FinTechs abroad.
- To represent the sector in communications with the public authorities, media, investors, traditional players in the financial sector, research and academic centres, …
- To participate in a platform for dialogue with regulators in order to take into account the FinTech specificities in the regulatory environment and to improve the appreciation by the regulators of the benefits brought to the consumers by FinTech.
- To share the experience, knowledge and information within but also outside the community, in order to make FinTech attractive and accessible to anyone interested.
- To maintain relationships with other associations of the digital sector in Belgium and abroad.
- To organise conference-debates, meetings, brainstorming sessions and panels on different topics related to the development of FinTech in Belgium.
FinTech Belgium Charter
The FinTech Belgium community has established a charter describing its objectives as well as the values that each member should adhere to. Adherence by the members to this Charter ensures the cohesion of the community and its credibility with third parties.
They are a neutral and independent non-profit organisation and want to keep it that way. Their founding members work as volunteers, graciously investing a lot of time for the community.