Demeyer, can you tell our readers more about yourself and your current professional role?
My name is Jolien, a true scaleur (= Scaler + Entrepreneur) and am the founder of several startups:
- Marketingscaleurs.com a company focussing on scaling up companies. We often see that only 6% of the companies scale, and we want to work on the 4 Ss (just like Porter had his 4 Ps)
- STRATEGY – where do you want to go and are you capable to grow your business
- SYSTEMS – having the capabilities to handle the growth so do you have the right systems in place
- SCALEUR MINDSET – having the desire to grow your business. Its about being a scaler & entrepreneur, and understand what scaling is
- SUCCESS PANNEL – the dashboard where to track your main KPIS and understand your ROMI
- Jelloow.com, a web base cloud-based web application where startups or any growing company can match with qualified marketing agencies to get support for their digital marketing/growth needs.
The platform creates liberty for both startups and digital marketing agencies to do business together on a common platform. Jelloow has been successful to create an eco-system and focuses to generate revenue by subscribed agencies.
- Original from Belgium, and now working between the US & EU.
- Author of the book ‘ Think Big Scale fast’ – https://www.amazon.com/Think-Big-Scale-fast-Successfully/dp/173568970X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1635250997&sr=8-1
- And being a nerd with 3 masters
How do you balance between your business life and your personal one?
- Its always a combination of enjoying and working.
- Love to do the things that give me energy:
- Set time aside to visit family & friends
- Reading books
- Doing sports
- Learning about the wine, as passioned about wine
Tell us more about your success in the digital marketing and how did you decide to become a professional marketer?
- Having a growth mindset / a scaleur mindset -> open to new things / learn new things
- Putting kpis and goals to things you want to achieve and following up on these
- Rolling up your sleeves, and doing it. Learning first hand. Understanding the obstacles, the challenges. ..
- Speaking about the topics you like, writing about it (blogs / book) , listening (podcasts, conferences, books …)
In your opinion, why are the brand’s transparency, accessibility and authenticity so important to the customers? How to balance them?
- In todays world the consumer control the conversation
- Brand transparency is about building consumers trust
- Consumers can block out companies that they don’t trust or appreciate.
- So by focussing on brands transparency, you show your audience that you are worth their time.
- Tell them who you are, why they should stick with you, show the human side, the emotions, demonstrate your values
- Its all about the right tone of voice , adapt your messages to the right audience
- When consumers trust & loyalty is strong, the business will grow
- You will get a positive review
- Honesty & authenticity is the best to balance it all
In your opinion, what will be the future major industry changes, related to digital marketing?
- Content marketing is key , tone of voice & personalization -> right message to the right audience
- More technology , eg. Advanced chatbots. Chatbots are growing and offering better & helpful solutions to users individual needs
- Augmented reality becomes the standard -> this toward fitness, where you can put furniture
- Voice search -> Smart speakers, personal assistants.
- So much more